Friday, March 14, 2014

Busy Days!


Rambles and Oracles


So I took a break yesterday from posting but I am back today!

I thought I would introduce the Oracle cards I use weekly (well I use to do them weekly but keep forgetting....hoping that posting them on here will get me to do them more!!) and I will be posting one every weekend - either Saturday or Sunday.

The cards I use are called "The Shaman's Oracle: Oracle Cards for Ancient Wisdom and Guidance"  created by John Matthews and illustrated by Wil Kinghan.


Official stuff:

"This innovative oracle connects us directly to the wisdom of our prehistoric ancestors. Modern-day shaman John Matthews and shamanic artist Wil Kinghan have created a special deck of 52 cards inspired by cave art, and their unique system can help us find answers to life's most vital questions. The cards represent five archetypes--Spirits, Ancestors, Hunters, Dancers, and Shamans--each linked to a different aspect of human experience. The evocative images touch on ancestral memories and subconscious forces that influence us at the deepest level of being."


My thoughts:

I love this beautifully created deck - the images on the cards are powerful and evocative. The reason they sing to so many peoples souls, including mine, is probably because the images that are on the cards are rendered from actual caves paintings that were drawn goodness knows how many centuries ago! They really do provide you with a window to your soul on its deepest level. Now I can't say if they would work for you - but they work very well for me but I always say go with what works for you - just because a deck works for one person does not mean it will for the next 10! Experiment with different Oracles - even use more than one! But this is the one I use for deep work...it answers questions I didn't know I was asking, takes me to hard places and helps me through to the otherside - its a guide, full of wisdom and knowledge! They can lead you on a powerful journey - to yourself!

I look forward to drawing one each weekend again!

Phoenix
***




2 comments:

  1. I have this deck too, as you know, and it is a wonderful deck for sure and I agree it does speak deeply to my soul. It's mind blowing that the art was painted thousands of years ago by our ancestors. I'm loving the zentangling - very relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I just love the art work - very shamanic! LOL Shall have to blog about Zentangles too sometime....in fact I am going to do an Ostara zentangle! x

    ReplyDelete