Sunday, November 06, 2016

Remember me? I’m back…

Well it’s been a long while since I have blogged. Health issues, family illness, family having operations and being in and out of hospital….this year seems to have gotten away from me but I guess that’s life…tends to happen when you aren’t planning for it.

The universe grounded me in more than one way this year…physically I haven’t been mobile much over the past few months, before that family was in and out of the A&E and then recovering from more than one operation. Just as things seems to be calming down and getting back to normal more upheaval comes along and more family issues rear their heads…but honestly I didn’t come back to talk about any of that….this isn’t a journal…it’s a blog and I am stalling as I am out of practice at writing….or of having anyone read my writing – I guess that’s my introverted nature though *smiles* and honestly I was worried as I hadn’t picked up my oracle cards all year – yes I know, such a long time and I have sorely missed them. I was worried that I may lose my connection (a silly worry I know but there it is – we all have these doubts) or lose my ability to listen to them or them to me….

So I picked them up…felt them and I knew they had just been waiting for me. I closed my eyes and I saw a woman…in a cave with only a fire for light – I couldn’t see her face but I could see her wild hair – I swear there was a twig or leaves in it! She was throwing bones on the floor in front of the fire…there were drawings behind her on the wall – and as she noticed me she asked me “What do you want to know?” I replied “I want to know what I need…” Her eyes seemed to light up at my answer and I felt her smile as she asked me “So what do you need…” as she threw down some bones I answered…”Hope…” as I said this I was thinking about the world, the earth and the way everything has felt so dismal and overshadowed by fear and negativity….and at that point the shaman cards I was shuffling pushed a card out…I felt it come away from the rest of the pack and nudge my hand with its curved corner. I opened my eyes, sad to be away from the cave I saw and looked at the card…and smiled...



 “I am the Hunter of Strength. I seek the shapes and patterns of energy to find the name and nature of the strength you need. Wherever you stand in the journey of life, you require strength to empower you. Soul-strength and heart-strength, bone-strength and emotional strength are all a part of the pattern you walk. At your side I guide you toward all that you need and ensure that you do not overreach your native power”

The Hunter Of Strength

Here, a hunter is reaching down to tap into the strength of a great animal. We too can draw strength from many places: from the inner worlds, from our family and loved ones, from the Earth and the creatures with whom we need, while at the same time helping us to understand the nature of that strength, which is often spiritual rather than physical. Strength is a natural part of our daily lives. To make progress we need to acknowledge where best to find it – and how to recover it if it should ever be lost.

*Interpretations: Force of will; Strength to accomplish your dreams; Recognition of your own power and that of others; Recognising weakness; Drawing on the energies that surround you*

My interpretations for me:

I guess I had never looked at hope as strength...but it is. It can be a great strength in this world. Hope can stop you crumbling, it can make you strive for what you want and need. It can turn the worst day into something good by seeing things differently – hope can help you overcome the negativity and fear in this world. In being able to hope, you are choosing to believe in a different future, a different time, a better place. In not choosing hope you make yourself miserable and critical of not only the world around you but also of yourself and those you love. In being critical and always seeing what is lacking and what is wrong you don’t see the potential for what is right and what could be achieved by looking forward in the best possible way. Without destruction…there is no creation, without death…there is no rebirth.

Hope is a powerful ally. It gets put down a lot – it gets laughed at, the piss taken out of it, crushed yet it always survives, hope is always there… Hope is a lot stronger than people give it credit for *smiles* hope is resilient so it truly is a good strength to have in your spiritual arsenal!

Other things that comes to mind with this card is how I always assume strength is physical…I have literally been grounded by the universe for putting too much stress on my body and making it over-do exercising – hip bursitis, tendonitis, back and ankle sprains….had it all over the past few months. I forgot my limits, I forgot to listen to my body…it does not have an ever-ending supply of strength. Strength has to be built….and built up slowly – just like emotional strength, bone strength, soul strength or heart strength…nothing becomes strong overnight.

Something else to consider….once you have strength it has to be tested. This universe has a way of seeking out where you are vulnerable…where you could improve your strength. Only by being tested do you truly find your strength or see how strong you are – I am mostly talking emotional & spiritual strength here but it can be applied to most areas of strength – family strength, soul strength, strength of character or will. I guess that is the price of any strength…once you have it you have to maintain it & strengthen it otherwise is can wilt – just like a muscle can.

Well I know I have more cards to pull so I shall be back but for now I am glad…glad that my connection to my oracle is still there…that I can still connect on a soul level with my cards and glad that I have finally dusted off the blog and posted!

See you soon!
Phoenix

xx

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite oracle decks! Love the message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my absolute favourite too! Glad you enjoyed the message x

      Delete