Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sundays Shamans Oracle


Well it’s a very late Sunday evening in the United Kingdom and I am just in time to make my weekly blog! I wasn’t sure I could schedule myself to be honest but events lately have made me need to actually use my calendar! So shall let us see what the oracle has in store for me today and get on with that pull…



“I am the Hunter of Gifts. I seek out the most valuable things you need to enable you to live life to the fullest. I hunt through your thoughts, through your experiences and through your deepest feelings to discover the true gifts of your life, which can help you find the right direction. Whatever gifts you are looking for, I will seek them for you. And I will teach you to recognise the gifts you already possess. Follow where I lead, for I can help you to flourish in every way.”

The Hunter Of Gifts

The gifts this Hunter seeks are not just those of food, shelter, or possessions. Rather they are the gifts of living: strength, health, vitality, as well as the bountiful gifts of the imagination, of creative flair, love and honour. In times of hardship the gift of perseverance is vital; in times of plenty the gift of wise stewardship is essential. The Hunter of Gifts is attuned to our most urgent requirements, and senses how best to replenish us when we are lacking. Everything this hunter offers is a gift of life, be it a gift of joy, energy, truth or hope. In times of greatest need this figure will bring us what we require.

*Keyword Interpretations: Inner Gifts; Recognising our skills and values; The flowering of imagination; Discovering your potential; Finding your way; Valuing truth; Using skills and talents*

My Interpretations for me at this time…

Well I don’t recall ever pulling this card before! It is a wonderfully magickal feeling to have had a pack of cards for so long and to find one you have never been given before by the oracle! I guess the oracle is always full of surprises and gifts! My first thought (before opening my book to the inscription for this card - as typed above) I could feel the light, love and warmth coming from it overwhelmingly. It wasn’t just the warmth of the colours in the card – it just felt…happy and safe.

I suppose this is the time of year that is attuned to gifts but this card is about the true meaning of gifts. They are not something that can be wrapped with a bow or contained within a box. They are not something you can be brought from a shop or that you can buy for someone. They are gifts in the truest sense of the word…and I think people forget the true sense of the word a lot these days. Whether it be a magickal gift - one of healing, protection, medium-ship or a gift just as magickal, such as, a gift of kindness to others, of being a guiding light in the dark, or being able to help others in pain. There are many gifts in this world – creativity, love, hope, truth…Whatever your gift is – it is unique to you and it is not something that can be used in the way that you do, in this time. Everyone is born with a gift – it may be hidden to you, but so very clear to others, but you will find it when it is needed the most.

So…now I have rambled on a bit maybe I can pull together what this card is trying to show me right now! I must admit it is a hard one as there is so many ways you could read this card…inner gifts, hidden gifts of potential, valuing the gifts you have in your life – be it joy, love, family, friends or pets. It could be finding ways to use your own gifts in order to help others or to build something new creatively such as a business, writing a book….so many gifts that people have in this world just hidden in plain sight.

I think for me, this card, is telling me that I have to look within. I have been told often, by many people in my life, that I have so much potential. But life has found a way of stopping me in my tracks and stopping me from really being able to live sometimes. I think…no…I feel that the oracle is telling me to stop hiding from myself and the world around me and to find out truly what I am capable of with my own unique gifts. To find a way to flourish and grow my inner gifts – no matter what life throws my way and to recognise them in myself as values – I haven’t always valued myself….I have struggled over the years with numerous problems and I let myself fade into depression – only caring about others but not myself. The oracle is telling me….showing me even, that it is time to focus on me…that my heart and soul are waiting to teach me about my gifts, to guide me on my path and I just need to make time to listen and learn.But the oracle is also telling me to appreciate the gifts I have in this world – to enjoy them but not take them for granted.

The funny thing is about gifts is that they can often be in disguise…in fairy tales gifts were often portrayed as curses given by evil witches or evil queens…but I subscribe to the idea that those witches or queens weren’t evil – they were in fact pushing those characters to dig deeper than they ever had before, putting them through hardship in order to make them rise like a phoenix from the ashes of their lives. They made them find their gifts in order to survive. After all, is that not what the Dark Goddesses do…? They test you, strip away what is unnecessary? Help you through the dark night of the soul in order for you to find what really is your true potential, your true gift, your true purpose? I like to think so *smiles*

So I shall listen…to my heart and soul and see where they take me…See you soon!

Phoenix
xx

*as always the picture and its inscription were taken from The Shamans Oracles Deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment